[Accessibility] Future work on TTS API

Hynek Hanke hanke at brailcom.org
Sun Feb 19 08:18:47 PST 2006

Hello,

I have posted an updated document about TTS API into this list.
Since most of the work on the requirements was already done
about a year ago, and what is left are only smaller details,
the next step right now will be to define the interface
and start implementation. This should happen soon, as there
is a great need for that.

There are two more things that need to be decided right now.
They are of rather formal nature:

1) What documentation format should be used for the interface
description document? Currently it is in plain text, which is
not very good. Especially as it is now growing bigger and we
will need better structuring and marking for the interface
definition.

Does anyone have anything against TeXinfo?

2) We need to decide a language for the interface description.
This is meant to be only a formal description of the interface,
not any decision about the actual implementation language or
the actual implementation details of the interface. I think so far,
C headers and Corba IDL has been suggested.

So, are C headers appropriate for that? Do we have any better option?

Thanks for comments,
Hynek Hanke