[fdo-announce] Servers in motion 2007-5-22 17:00-21:00 UTC

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Mon May 21 20:27:51 PDT 2007

All of the freedesktop.org servers will be moved tomorrow (2007/5/22)
starting at 10:00 PDT (17:00 UTC). We've been asked to relocate down the
hall to a new machine room (shiny, with video surveillance and about a
hundred locked doors).

In theory, this should take about 20 minutes given the snazzy HP snap-in
rails that we're using. So, we've scheduled 4 hours of down time and
hope we'll make it by then.

One side effect of our move is that we're getting new IP addresses at
the same time. We will attempt to make sure the new addresses work as
soon as possible after the move, but in case they don't, here's what the
machines will be using:

annarchy	131.252.210.176
gabe		131.252.210.177
kemper		131.252.210.178
tycho		131.252.210.179
fruit		131.252.210.191

In case things go awry, please check out #freedesktop on freenode to see
what's up.

keith.packard at intel.com