On demand loading is in

Zack Rusin zack at kde.org
Tue Sep 20 22:06:11 PDT 2011

Hey,

Jose and I have been working on a new way of loading traces - on demand,
instead of loading the entire model into memory at once. It's a shovel full of
magic - doing random seeking within huge compressed files. I just merged that
branch.

This means that the gui is now usable with multi GB files. I have here a 1.1 GB
trace file and loading it takes about 20MB. Obviously the on-demand-loading
requires a snappy compressed trace file, zlib traces are loaded like they used
to. Please give it a spin an let us know if you'll find any bugs.