gui-image-dynamic-range

Zack Rusin zack at kde.org
Sun Mar 18 11:53:19 PDT 2012

On Sunday, March 18, 2012 06:24:55 AM José Fonseca wrote:
> I'd like to merge
>
>   https://github.com/apitrace/apitrace/commits/gui-image-dynamic-range
>
> which allows to control the color space range in the image viewer. It
> would be much more helpful if depth images had more precision, but
> it's better than nothing, and enough for stencil images.
>
> Zack, let me know if I'm doing anything stupid/inefficient with Qt images.

Looks great.

I thought about this a while back. Mainly about operating on native data in
the gui. QImage's aren't good enough for that and we'd need to either use some
kind of a library that is capable of doing tone mapping or write the code
ourselves. I was too lazy and didn't see any decent library that could do what
we'd want so I gave up. The inability to nicely visualize some of the stencils
and depth buffers is definitely one our biggest problems.