[Authentication] Move GetSecrets, SetSecrets and related

Michael Albinus michael.albinus at gmx.de
Fri Dec 11 12:37:21 PST 2009

Stef Walter <stef-list at memberwebs.com> writes:

> Thanks for the heads up. Still under heavy development. Yesterday I
> pushed a bunch more commits, which stabilize things more.

I've seen it (in fact, I continue to implement my client as new features
appear in the git repository :-)

Some observations:

"Close" is implemented on the ofS.Service interface (the spec says
ofS.Session interface). I believe it is OK; "Close" is the only method
left for the ofS.Session, and so this interface might not be necessary
at all. The spec shall be adapted, if this is intended.

"GetSecret" and "SetSecret" belong to the ofS.Item interface, according
to the spec. This is checked indeed in item_message_handler, but for the
ofS.Service interface.

If I change the interface in item_message_handler, "GetSecret" calls
item_message_handler -> item_method_get_secret ->
gkd_secret_session_get_item_secret -> plain_get_item_secret, but there
is still the same eror message:

process 7811: arguments to dbus_message_iter_open_container() were incorrect, assertion "(type == DBUS_TYPE_STRUCT && contained_signature == NULL) || (type == DBUS_TYPE_DICT_ENTRY && contained_signature == NULL) || (type == DBUS_TYPE_VARIANT && contained_signature != NULL) || (type == DBUS_TYPE_ARRAY && contained_signature != NULL)" failed in file dbus-message.c line 2393.
This is normally a bug in some application using the D-Bus library.

> Cheers,
>
> Stef

Best regards, Michael.