[Authentication] Short introduction

Michael Leupold lemma at confuego.org
Tue Jul 14 14:11:47 PDT 2009

Hi everyone,

first of all, welcome aboard.

Before I start posting some of my comments tomorrow I'd like to briefly
introduce myself.
My name's Michael Leupold (lemma on Freenode). I'm the current maintainer of
the KDE Wallet system which serves as central password storage daemon for KDE
applications.
My main rationale for taking part in this undergoing is providing a central
storage for as much of the free desktop as possible without having to run
several concurrent daemons. While GNOME has their keyring system, some non
desktop-affiliated applications currently use their own password store and I
hope that by creating a shared spec we can convince (some of) them to migrate
as well.

As to the discussion please try to keep separate topics inside different
threads so everything stays halfway easy to browse through (I will try as well
:-)).

Kinds regards,
Michael