[Authentication] ETIMEOUT on specification changes

Stef Walter stefw at collabora.co.uk
Wed Mar 9 01:50:01 PST 2011

After waiting a while, I've gone ahead and merged the following changes
into the specification. These have been requested by various participants:

 * Passing a content type along with secrets. [1]
 * Using HKDF to hash the results of the DH key exchange. [2]
 * Passing an alias argument along with CreateCollection to
   fix race issues. [3]

I have a special interest in getting these changes these changes merged
into the specification, as most of these are incompatible changes to the
API. The next gnome-keyring release is looming, and the pressure is on
to get these incompatibilities sorted out.

All of these changes have been posted to this mailing list for
discussion over the last few weeks. I hope it's okay to move things a
long and merge them.

I'd like to soon take the next step toward making the Secret Service API
stable. Please speak up now if you see any obstacles to this.

Cheers,

Stef

[1]
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xdg/xdg-specs/commit/?id=1e768fc50c50b24274601f28dfde9cc9a41cc5c2