[avahi] Dbus bindings

Sebastien Estienne sebastien.estienne at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 05:10:08 PDT 2005

2005/6/24, Trent Lloyd <lathiat at bur.st>:
> Sebast,
>
> On Friday 24 June 2005 17:00, Sebastien Estienne wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Would you like some help in implementing dbus bindings?
> > Is there some kind of document defining the Dbus api, and a todo list?
> > I've some experience with dbus, already used it for my own projects.
> > So if i could help in any area (writing docs, writing a basic client
> > for testing: mdnspublish/mdnsbrowse, etc), just mail me.
> >
> > regards,
>
> Yes, this would be great.
>
> Without total knowledge of dbus ins and outs, im basically trying to determine
> a couple things at the moment.
>
> My first question is, if the server creates an object, the client connects to
> it, and can invoke signals/methods and get replies.
>
> How does the *server* invoke a signal/method on the client?
If you are the bus system ("DBUS_BUS_SYSTEM"), avahi daemon is a
client for the bus, so it can invoke method on any other client
connected on the bus as long as the bus security policy allows it. So
there is not really a notion of server, you only have client
connecting to the dbus server.

I hope i understood and answered your question?

> Cheers,
> Trent

Sebastien Estienne