[avahi] avahi 0.6
lennart at poettering.de
Fri Nov 18 13:45:48 PST 2005
Mission accomplished, Avahi 0.6 has been released.
* Support for (read-only) wide area support. (i.e. DNS-SD over unicast DNS)
* Ported to FreeBSD, NetBSD, Darwin/MacOSX and to some extent OpenBSD
* Portability fixes for ARM CPUs
* Compatibility layers for HOWL and Bonjour
* Support for registering/browsing arbitrary records
* Proper support for DNS-SD service subtypes
* Native C implementations of the client utilities
* Now passes the Bonjour conformance test suite without any exceptions
* "Passive observation of failures"
* chroot() support
* Many traffic reduction improvements
* Bugfixes, cleanups
This release is not API/ABI compatible with Avahi 0.5. Please see
docs/API-CHANGES-0.6 for a rough overview over the changes.
Lennart Poettering; lennart [at] poettering [dot] de
ICQ# 11060553; GPG 0x1A015CC4; http://0pointer.de/lennart/
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
Url : http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/avahi/attachments/20051118/75f1acb6/attachment.pgp
More information about the avahi