[avahi] xmltoman versus xml2man build problems

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Thu Apr 20 11:08:36 PDT 2006

On Mon, 17.04.06 10:28, Trent Lloyd (lathiat at bur.st) wrote:

> > > that said if your xml2man actually works and generates correct manpages
> > > it may be worth adding support.
> > >
> > > Trent
> > YEs it generates corrrects manpages, so why not use correct filename xml2man
> > instead the unknown xmltoman?
>
> Because to repeat earlier, xmltoman is correct for the program we use.
>
> Can you please provide me a URL to the source for 'xml2man'

I guess he's using the tool that is included in the docbook utility
packages. It's a tool for converting docbook manuals to man pages. The
XML format used by that tool and the one we require is completely
different.

Lennart Poettering; lennart [at] poettering [dot] net
ICQ# 11060553; GPG 0x1A015CC4; http://0pointer.net/lennart/