[avahi] Fwd: avahi init script

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Thu Feb 9 16:48:06 PST 2006

On Thu, 02.02.06 22:12, Sebastien Estienne (sebastien.estienne at gmail.com) wrote:

> I forward this mail to the mailing list because some material may apply to
> other linux distribution, especially the /etc/locatime thing

This /etc/localtime hack is not required here. Avahi's log messages
appear with proper times without it. I wonder if this issue is
specific to Redhat's libc or something?

BTW: I know that some distributions (Debian and those based on it)
currently do not enable chroot() support, due to a missing build-time
dependency on libcap-dev, so this issue isn't relevant for them (yet).

Lennart Poettering; lennart [at] poettering [dot] net
ICQ# 11060553; GPG 0x1A015CC4; http://0pointer.net/lennart/