[avahi] Installation on SuSE 10.0

Peter Onion Peter.Onion at btinternet.com
Thu Feb 16 13:35:23 PST 2006

I've been playing with avahi for a couple of weeks now and it is working
well for me.

I'm running a mix of Intel (32bit) and AMD (64bit) harware but all with
SuSE 10.0 installed.  I've found it necessary to quite a bit of manual
configuration (more than the documentation suggests!)

Would it be useful to anyone for me to write up the steps I use to get
avahi installed on SuSE 10.0 ?

As well as using avahi to provide mdns for my machines I'm also using it
to provide service discovery for the parts of a distributed set of
applications I'm developing.

Peter