[avahi] status of avahi integration in Mandriva, and patches

Olivier Blin oblin at mandriva.com
Fri Jan 20 11:48:12 PST 2006

Hi,

I'm the maintainer of avahi in Mandriva. I've uploaded our first avahi
package this week, and we'll begin its integration with other apps
very soon. For now, I guess we only have ekiga build against avahi,
and banshee will be rebuilt to use avahi-sharp.
We're gonna push the compatibility libs while our desktops haven't
fully switched to avahi. Right now, we still have the howl and
mDNSResponder libraries because of some dumb package dependencies, but
it will be fixed soon.

Here's a list of the patches I've written/used in our package, they
can all be merged in upstream source.

avahi-0.6.4-mandriva.patch adds Mandriva initscripts and automatic
detection of Mandriva in the configure script using
/etc/mandriva-release.