[avahi] FreeBSD Port: avahi-0.6.4

Sebastien Estienne sebastien.estienne at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 23:20:32 PST 2006

Hello

On 1/22/06, Josh Finlay <montarotech at optusnet.com.au> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Having issues with the net/avahi port.
> FreeBSD 6.0-STABLE
> Recent ports tree

I just installed avahi 0.6.4 from ports (FreeBSD  6.0-STABLE) and it
works perfectly.
I didn't install the gtk2 support thought.

> The avahi-discover-standalone is segfaulting
> Among other issues.
no gtk2 support so i can't test this.
But if you could provide a backtrace we could try to debug this:
gdb avahi-discover-standalone
then "run" from the minishell
when the crash occured, type "bt" and post the result

> I have spoken to the avahi developers and they are curious as to whether
> issues about avahi have been reported before, because to their knowledge the
> FreeBSD port was working flawlessly. After contacting them they attempted an
> installation of avahi from ports on fresh FreeBSD systems (various versions
> from 5.4-6.0) with failing results.
I tested on desktop-bsd and pc-bsd (i think both are running 5.4) and
had not issues

> If you would provide feedback on any other problems/issues relating to avahi
> among users, myself and the avahi developers would be most appreciative, and
> advice on whether a PR should be filed relating to this or not.
Could you provide info on you network setup:
how many ifaces, drivers and so on.

i'm using only one iface, no aliases and default Kernel, card is a
mini pci 3com (xl0)

> Kindest Regards,
>
> Josh Finlay
> Montaro Technologies