[avahi] Making avahi work on Solaris

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Sun Jun 25 06:37:21 PDT 2006

On Thu, 22.06.06 15:52, Padraig O'Briain (Padraig.Obriain at Sun.COM) wrote:

> The main problem with Solaris is that nss-mdns is not ported to Solaris.
> I had a quick look at it but it seems non trivial.

Avahi should work fine without nss-mdns. In contrast to Bonjour we
don't require gethostbyname() to support mDNS. (Unless of course
client apps makes assumptions about this)

> The parts of the avahi API used by gnome applications, i.e. ekiga,
> gnome-vfs , vino and gnome-games should work.

That's cool. I am going to release 0.6.11 now.

Lennart Poettering; lennart [at] poettering [dot] net
ICQ# 11060553; GPG 0x1A015CC4; http://0pointer.net/lennart/