[avahi] DNS Proxy

Trent Lloyd lathiat at bur.st
Tue Nov 28 16:47:23 PST 2006

Hi Pablo,

On Tue, Nov 28, 2006 at 11:06:47AM -0500, Pablo Fernandez wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am developing a DNS Proxy which will need to support two scenarios:
>
>  * Replying DNS SRV requests and forwarding to another DNS other
>    type of requests.
>
>  * The DNS Proxy will be looked up using DNS-SD and then contacted
>    with a DNS SRV.

Not sure exactly what you are trying to do, but most certainly if your
goal is to "discover" this DNS Proxy server, then yes Avahi would be
suitable for the job.

As that is Avahi's goal, to make discovering of services on a network
easy.

There are various docs available on http://www.avahi.org/ -- if you need
specific examples or help just let me know.

Cheers,
Trent