[avahi] Problem with Avahi-daemon

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Sat Sep 2 10:38:24 PDT 2006

On Fri, 01.09.06 14:43, s (sb_lam at yahoo.com) wrote:

Hi!

> I am having problem runnig "avahi-daemon" on NetBSD.  I got this error
> message when I tried to run it:
>
> "dbus_bus_get(): No reply within specified time"
>
> I am running avahi-0.6.9 on NetBSD version 3.  Any comments will be greatly
> appreciated!

This looks like a D-Bus issue to me. Please check if you have the
system D-Bus daemon running and if you can access it with the D-Bus
utilites (such as 'dbus-monitor --system')

If that doesn't work for you please refer to the D-Bus ML for further
help.

Lennart Poettering; lennart [at] poettering [dot] net
ICQ# 11060553; GPG 0x1A015CC4; http://0pointer.net/lennart/