[avahi] avahi-autoipd

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Mon Sep 4 11:18:11 PDT 2006

On Mon, 04.09.06 22:07, chris mcharg (chris at outtrack.org) wrote:

A quick update:

> Apple has this page on mixed routable and ip4ll addresses:
> http://developer.apple.com/qa/qa2004/qa1357.html
> I have no idea of the default routing settings of most of the linux
> distributions, but it seems debian at least doesn't have the settings
> for responding to a host with an ipv4ll address when a routable
> address is set.  Do you have any plans for providing defaults/
> guidance for these?

I now added a reference to this article to avahi-autoipd's man page:

http://avahi.org/changeset/1318

Thank you for the tip!

> In the current avahi-autoipd.action script, a label is set when using
> the ip tool, but no alias is defined when setting the address with
> ifconfig.  Was there a reason for that? (sorry... I don't know a lot
> about interface labels/aliases)

I modified the default action script to configure a classic alias
interface if only ifconfig is available:

http://avahi.org/changeset/1319

Thanks for your suggestions!

Lennart Poettering; lennart [at] poettering [dot] net
ICQ# 11060553; GPG 0x1A015CC4; http://0pointer.net/lennart/