[avahi] services not published

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Wed Sep 6 13:02:10 PDT 2006

On Mon, 04.09.06 12:04, michel.brabants at euphonynet.be (michel.brabants at euphonynet.be) wrote:

Hi!

> I haven't had any problems qwith publishing services untill now. It seems
> to be the name, because if I choose another name (without the 2 in it I
> think), it works (a longer name also works). If the service name is
> "project-atradius2-site", then no services at all are published. For
> example, if I use "project-atradius2-website", then all services are
> published again.
> I tested this with avahi-daemon 0.6.12 and 0.6.13. Both behave the same in
> this aspect. I idea what the problem could be?

Please elaborate!

This bug report is pretty useless as such, since it
doesn't even tell me which tool you used to publish you service, or
what "no services at all are published" means.

Please read the following text and post a more useful and precise bug
report then

I am not intending to be rude, it's just that the bug report is simply
not useful for us.

Lennart Poettering; lennart [at] poettering [dot] net
ICQ# 11060553; GPG 0x1A015CC4; http://0pointer.net/lennart/