[avahi] FreeBSD 5.4 and IPv6 interfaces: The plot thickens

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Sun Feb 4 09:16:39 PST 2007

On Sun, 14.01.07 17:45, Bill Trost (trost at cloud.rain.com) wrote:

> Hmm, I started working on this bug (a "FIXME" was a good hint work was
> needed (-: ) and made an appalling discovery: avahi-daemon isn't even
> getting informed of the 2002:: addresses on the interfaces. The printfs
> from iface-pfroute.c's rtm_addr() show the problem:
>
> 	fe80:: is not global
> 	fe80:: is not global
> 	43aa:: is global
> 	0a00:: is global
> 	c702:: is global
> 	fe80:: is not global
> 	7f00:: is global
> 	0000:: is global
> 	fe80:: is not global

Hmm, where exactly did you add these printfs? And what exactly do they
show? They current code sets "global_scope" to one in every case, so I
am wondering what the output above shows?

> (OK, so I may have gotten 0000:: wrong...). Note the "0a00", which is an
> IPv4 alias I slapped on just to make sure it's not aliases in general
> causing the problem.
>
> I'm at a loss -- anyone out there understand PF_ROUTE?

Unfortunately I am no FreeBSD guy. sebest, Daniel, maybe you can help?

> Incidentally, I noticed that avahi_interface_monitor_init_osdep asserts
> "m" only after having dereferenced it. Better late than never?  (-:

I swapped this in r1383. (Without a compile check, since I lack a
FreeBSD installation, naughty me)

Lennart Poettering; lennart [at] poettering [dot] net
ICQ# 11060553; GPG 0x1A015CC4; http://0pointer.net/lennart/