[avahi] LCA Talk

Marc Krochmal marc at apple.com
Sun Feb 4 17:31:52 PST 2007

On Feb 4, 2007, at 12:17 PM, Lennart Poettering wrote:

> On Fri, 19.01.07 02:16, Lennart Poettering (lennart at poettering.net)
> wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> For those who are interested: you may now download the slides of
>> Trent's and my GNOME.conf.au talk about Avahi from
>>
>> http://0pointer.de/public/avahi-presentation-lca2007.pdf
>
> The video is now online as well:
>
> http://mirror.linux.org.au/linux.conf.au/2007/video/monday/
> monday_1150_GNOME.ogg

Good talk.  Regarding the IETF issues with Multicast DNS, it's true
that the IETF just published the LLMNR spec as *informational*
because there wasn't enough support in the IETF for pushing it
through the standards track, but we recently received a request from
the IESG to publish the Multicast DNS spec as an informational RFC as
well, so hopefully that will happen this year.

Also, I'd love to hear more about your .mesh proposal.

Best Regards,

-Marc