[avahi] avahi & openbsd

Ted Percival ted at midg3t.net
Sun Feb 4 19:24:41 PST 2007

Julien TOUCHE wrote:
> from what i know, -pthread flag is sufficient normally.
> initial tests are ok, but after it seems stack smashing protection
> results in bad linking or else.
> (alternate solution would be -fno-stack-protector but really prefer to
> avoid)

I've had linker problems with -fstack-protector before. I found the
solution was to add -lssp to LDFLAGS. I'm not sure if it is a bug in GCC.

I updated Tiago Sousa's stack protector m4 macros to add -lssp to
LDFLAGS and a couple of other things, which you might be interested in:
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi/gcc_stack_protect.m4?bug=366094;msg=17;att=3

--
tedp