[avahi] Avahi question

Lezan Hawizy L.Hawizy at lboro.ac.uk
Tue Jun 5 11:35:37 PDT 2007

Hello,

I am trying to use Avahi as part of my work. I am trying to create some
services that use Avahi as a way of notifying each other of their
presence and services.
I am implementing this in python and I have found a way to publish a
service on avahi but I am somehow finding is really difficult to find a
way of implementing the discover tool. I've checked the
avahi-discover.py but the discover code is too interlinked with the
glade code. I was wondering if there is a python file that could list
services based on their service_type.

I am currently looking into python dbus code so any help (even some
information about a python avahi API) would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Lezan