[avahi] Selective interface publishing?

Guang Yang yg_cn at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 6 21:17:11 PST 2007

Hi everyone,  I am new to Avahi and would like to know if this is possible:

"""
  PC #1 has a network interface wlan0 and an alias wlan0:0
  wlan0 = 192.168.1.100
  wlan0:0 = 192.168.1.200

  PC #2 also has wlan0 and wlan0:0
  wlan0 = 192.168.1.101
  wlan0:0 = 192.168.1.200

  When I run Avahi and nss-mdns on both PCs, they seem to collide due to duplicate wlan0:0 = 192.168.1.200, thus don't see each other in "avahi-browse -a". I want to configure Avahi such that both PCs only publish wlan0 and hide wlan0:0. Is it possible by changing avahi-daemon.conf? Generally, is there a way to do selective interface publishing in Avahi?
"""

Many thanks,

-Guang