[avahi] avahi and campus wide mDNS

Robin Perkins robin.perkins at internode.on.net
Tue Oct 2 22:24:09 PDT 2007

Sounds like what you really want is a Wide Area Service Discovery.
You can read about this here: http://www.dns-sd.org/

At the moment Avahi is only able to browse Wide Area services and is
unable to publish them. (Bonjour as used in Mac OS X and Windows can
publish).

I wouldn't mind knowing how the Avahi wide are publishing support is
coming along.... (/me pokes the devs).

Rob