[avahi] Porting Avahi to OpenBSD

Zachary Loafman zml+avahi at zml.net
Fri Sep 21 15:50:46 PDT 2007

It's most likely to the lack of a maintainer. The FreeBSD port is
barely maintained - it feels like the port maintainer has given up on
it. I've tried to beat out a lot of the bugs for the FreeBSD version,
so you may want to start with 0.21 and add some of the patches from
any of the tickets matching the word BSD. I don't know the
Open/FreeBSD differences that well, but my guess is that you'll
have a little bit of legwork to fix issues - I certainly ran into some
serious gotchas in the FreeBSD code, and there are several Linux
assumptions in the lower level Avahi code.

I would be happy to discuss any issues you might run into, though -
I've debugged through a number of them at this point.

...Zach