[avahi] Resolving multiple IPV6 address

Marc Manthey marc at let.de
Fri Dec 12 07:09:22 PST 2008

>> Hello,
>> I'm writing a QT application that uses avahi to resolve IPV4 and IPV6
>> addresses. I would like to have avahi return all IPV6 addresses
>> registered to a particular host, but I've been unable to resolve more
>> than 1. Sometimes I get the link-local and sometimes the globally
>> scoped
>> address. I tracked the issue to avahi-core/resolve-service.c in
>> record_browser_callback() where it only reports the first address
>> resolved.

hello kevin, all

i am a bit clueless now, after lennard said avahi returns just one
adress
i was following an idea of a recently released opensource project
whitch is explained here

> http://pdos.csail.mit.edu/uia/

So i want to  enable several services on a particular host /machine
with a given name , but this connected clients  should return
all connected "adresses "aswell.

As far as i can see U.I.A. uses  wide area bonjour in there
implementation

So connecting "nodes" without a central wide area bonjour
server would be our final goal.

thanks

Marc

--
Les Enfants Terribles - WWW.LET.DE
Marc Manthey 50672 Köln - Germany
mail: marc at let.de
PGP/GnuPG: 0x1ac02f3296b12b4d
jabber :marc at kgraff.net
IRC: #opencu  freenode.net
twitter: http://twitter.com/macbroadcast
web: http://www.let.de

Please note that according to the German law on data retention,
information on every electronic information exchange with me is
retained for a period of six months.