[avahi] Crosscompiling Avahi onto a uClinux system

Antony Barton atonyb at msn.com
Fri Feb 8 04:22:56 PST 2008

Hi everyone,

I'm a fairly inexperienced linux developer and i have been landed the task of implementing zeroconf on our embedded linux 2.4 system to provide the name translation service (so we can refer to each device - whose ip will invariably be unknown - by name), no other functionality is required and i would ideally like to omit for space considerations.

Has anyone done this or something similar, and can anyone suggest what components of the avahi package would be necessary to achieve this? I have investigated bonjour also, but have had difficulties cross compiling it and i also get the impression that avahi is a more appropriate choice for a linux based system.

Any help that anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Antony Barton