[avahi] Local only services

Yavor Goulishev ygoulishev at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 12:07:14 PST 2008

 Great!
I really need this feature.
BTW I tried implementing something, but I'm not that much familiar with the
avahi internals.
I'm attaching my patch. Basically I was able to transfer registered local
services into the cache without receiving a messages on the network.
Of course that is just one step. The cache needs to be kept up to date.
I used the following call to test:
    avahi_server_add_service(server, group, 1, AVAHI_PROTO_UNSPEC,
AVAHI_PUBLISH_NO_ANNOUNCE, "My Service Name", "_daap._tcp", NULL, NULL,
7777, "foo", NULL);

I used avahi-0.6.21 source.

--Yavor

PS: I'll file a wishlist bug too.