[avahi] browsing for services on a specific multicast address

Alon Noy Alon.Noy at ilsemedia.nl
Mon Mar 16 05:46:27 PDT 2009

I don't have any documentation to contribute but I can explain the
logic:
A large amount of file servers (it's not really ftp) are being split
into clusters, when a file is added to one server in the cluster it is
being replicated on different nodes within the cluster (for availability
and backup). The construction of clusters gives the possibility to have
different clusters for different purposes on one local network.

If this functionality is not supported on the client side will it be
possible to configure the daemon to listen to a specific multicasting
address?