[avahi] Avahi Update-Event?

Trent Lloyd lathiat at bur.st
Mon Mar 30 04:26:53 PDT 2009

Hi Florian,

On 30/03/2009, at 6:22 PM, Florian Erfurth wrote:

> Hi, I want to implement a small tool, which get text from host (IP &
> Service is already known). It should update text too, if the text of
> Service (of host) is changed.
> I copied example-source client-browse-services.c from avahi.org. I
> know
> there are AVAHI_BROWSER_NEW (if new host/service is found) and
> AVAHI_BROWSER_REMOVE (if a host/service is removed. What I need is
> such
> like: AVAHI_BROWSER_CHANGE.

Browsers only subsribe to changes in services appearing/disappearing.

What you need to do is start a service resolver on any services you
are interested and they will re-fire if the TXT records update (as
they subscribe to the TXT records also)

Just make sure you don't destroy the resolver after receiving the
first event.

Trent