[avahi] Problem with avahi and wireless driver (ath9k)

Ted Percival ted at midg3t.net
Mon Mar 30 11:05:54 PDT 2009

Some drivers don't process multicast packets properly. You can work
around it by setting the "promisc" flag on the interface. See
http://avahi.org/wiki/Avah4users#FAQ number 15.

ath9k is quite popular, I have a vague memory that its handling of
multicast packets was fixed in a fairly recent Linux kernel, around
2.6.29 or so.