[avahi] Problem with avahi and wireless driver (ath9k)

Ted Percival ted at midg3t.net
Mon Mar 30 14:56:45 PDT 2009

Could be a driver bug on the AP then, especially if your ath9k NIC has
multicast working with another AP. Debian "Etch" is getting long in the
tooth, updating its kernel might help. On the other hand it could just
be firewalling. Check `iptables -vL` to ensure there's no filter
blocking udp/5353 in either direction from any address - on both machines.