[avahi] incomplete avahi cleanup ?

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Sat May 9 15:01:28 PDT 2009

On Fri, 08.05.09 23:26, Gaspard Bucher (gaspard at teti.ch) wrote:

> After removing errors generated by my own code, I found incomplete
> cleanup errors from avahi code (simple-publish-client.c). To make sure
> it finishes, I changed the modify_callback by a quit_callback.
>
> Full code with valgrind output: http://gist.github.com/109158
>
> I don't know if these errors can build up into more annoying stuff and
> if they are in avahi or the libdbus library.

Those objects are all still reachable. D-Bus caches a few things
process-wide and then keeps that around. This is not a bug.

If you want to make your D-Bus-using application valgrind-clean then
you need to call dbus_shutdown().

http://dbus.freedesktop.org/doc/dbus/api/html/group__DBusMemory.html#g693ad08b363d6e6857cd281d27e8bab4

lennart [at] poettering [dot] net