[avahi] Resolution of names to IPv6 link-local addresses

Ernesto Silva erniesilva at gmail.com
Sat Mar 6 06:36:22 PST 2010

Hi Paul, ping6 needs the "-I eth0" parameter, change eth0 and put the name
of your interface.

For the first part try to use wireshark, sniff the network traffic and see
if the mdns queries ask for "A" (ipv4) or "AAAA" (ipv6) records.

There are more than one method to resolve name into IP address, to be sure
to use your nsswitch.conf configuration please try with "getent hosts
durkon.local" and tell us how it works.

Don't forget to use wireshark in every try to see what really happens.

Best regards,
Ernesto.