[avahi] compile avahi on CentOS 5

valerie.bauche at bull.net valerie.bauche at bull.net
Wed Jun 29 08:39:42 PDT 2011

Hello

I'm working on a centOs 5 and the only rpm I found for avahi is quite old
(0.6.16). With this version I can't find the option --parsable for
avahi-browse, I suppose it comes with more recent versions....
So I would like to compile it by myself, but I'm not very familiar with
linux compile !
What should I run after downloading the source ? I tried autogen.sh, but
it gives only the following result and then seems to bug :

+ '[' -f .git/hooks/pre-commit.sample -a '!' -f .git/hooks/pre-commit ']'
+ rm -rf autom4te.cache
+ rm -f config.cache
+ rm -f Makefile.am~ configure.ac~
++ which gettextize
+ sh -s -- --copy --force
which: no gettextize in
(/usr/kerberos/sbin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/root/bin)
+ sed 's/read dummy/\#/'

Can somebody help ?