[avahi] Publish services in local

aymeric demay meme037 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 23 08:21:24 PST 2012

Hi,

I actually work for a project where we decide to use avahi to discover services in all our sytem...
We want to publish global services and also local services.
We use avahi_entry_group_add_service and avahi_entry_group_commit methods. This works well for global services: all machines of our network receive notifications of service publication. But we do not know how to publish only on local... We tried by modifying AvahiIfIndex parameter (value 1 for lo interface): this did not work (no notification received on local machine). We tried by modifying AvahiPublishFlags parameter (value AVAHI_PUBLISH_NO_ANNOUNCE): we had an error with  avahi_entry_group_add_service "Failed to add _service1._tcp service: Invalid flags"
Can we do this with avahi?

Thanks for your answer,
regards