[Beignet] Static tarballs

Mario Kicherer dev at kicherer.org
Sat Oct 26 17:08:53 CEST 2013

Hi,

in order to use Beignet under Gentoo Linux, I wrote an "ebuild" that
downloads the tarball from http://cgit.freedesktop.org/beignet/ and
builds Beignet from source. Unfortunately, the checksum of the tarball
changes for every download, therefore the checks fail and the build
aborts. In order to build Beignet automatically nonetheless, every user
has to fetch the whole GIT repo. It works for now, but it would be nice
if you could upload a tarball to an official location for future
releases.

Also, I think, it would be handy if someone would add a link to
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/beignet/ under "Project repository" in the
wiki.

Thank you!
Mario