[Beignet] build problems: ASSERTION FAILED: Fail to create the gen context

Zhigang Gong zhigang.gong at linux.intel.com
Thu Jul 3 19:11:53 PDT 2014

On Fri, Jul 04, 2014 at 01:33:14AM +0400, Igor Gnatenko wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've long time no tested beignet builds. Now I've updated it to 0.9.0 in
> Fedora rawhide[0].
>
> And it failed to build.
>
> Generating ../../utests/../kernels/compiler_ceil.bin
> Unknown opt
> /builddir/build/BUILD/Beignet-0.9.0-Source/build/backend/src/gbe_bin_generater: option requires an argument -- 't'
>
> ASSERTION FAILED: Fail to create the gen context
>   at
> file /builddir/build/BUILD/Beignet-0.9.0-Source/backend/src/backend/gen_program.cpp, function virtual gbe::Kernel* gbe::GenProgram::compileKernel(const gbe::ir::Unit&, const string&, bool), line 167
>
> And etc. I'm attaching FULL build log.
>
> [0]http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/beignet.git/commit/?id=0c45e57cbecf72e1a5f243bbc0f375e3f19a2b03
> --
> -Igor Gnatenko

> /builddir/build/BUILD/Beignet-0.9.0-Source/src/GetGenID.sh: line 3: lspci: command not found
> -- Platform Gen PCI id is

The root cause is that now beignet will build internal binary kernels according current build host's
Gen VGA PCI id. It need lspic command to get the pci id but your system doesn't have lspci installed.
I just submitted a patch to do this check before we enter the real compiling stage. You may need
to check which package contains lspci in your system and install it before build beignet.