[Beignet] build problems: ASSERTION FAILED: Fail to create the gen context

Christian Günther cguenther.tu.chemnitz at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 04:05:18 PDT 2014

Hi,

The master and Release_v0.9.x branch compiles now without problems
even when the lspci Intel VGA does not show up. I am able to create an
OpenCL beignet context, even when the Intel VGA is not listed by
lspci. It seems to catch the device directly from /dev/dri/card0. Here
you see the printed output:

https://gist.github.com/cguentherTUChemnitz/31546f98706432a366ac

Thank you for your effort.
best,
CG

Am 08.07.2014 10:26, schrieb Zhigang Gong:
> On Tue, Jul 08, 2014 at 05:04:22PM +0800, Yichao Yu wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am on the master branch and it has always been fine (and
>> nothing seems to be broken by the new commits today). I've seen
>> ur email about the branching policy so I guess the commit you
>> mentioned is also included in master?
> Right. The master branch will always have all the bug fixing
> patches.
>

>> As for the AUR packaging issue from someone else I mentioned in
>> the last email, it turns out that the Intel GPU does not show up
>> in lspci for certain BIOS settings although lshw shows both of
>> his NVIDIA and Intel card correctly. I'm not sure what his
>> problem is and whether it is still there with the new runtime
>> detecting mechanism. Do you have any idea about it? (See the AUR
>> comment[1] for more info about his HW.)
>>

>> P.S. He said he had problem posting on this list, any idea about
>> that?
>>
>> [1] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/beignet-git/
>
> His email may be blocked by the list. Anyway, the current master
> and Release_v0.9.x branch both don't need to execute lspci any
> more.
>
> CC to cguenther, could you confirm that the problem has been solved
> on both master and Release_v0.9.x branch? Thanks.
>>

>> On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 3:54 PM, Zhigang Gong
>> <zhigang.gong at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi Igor and Yichao,
>>>
>>> Now you could try branch Release_v0.9.x again which already
>>> fixed this issue completely. We no longer need lspci from now
>>> on. And if that version is good from package maintainer view,
>>> we will consider to make another fix release soon in next week.
>>> Thanks.

- --