[Beignet] troubles with beignet 0.8.0, Debian 8 (jessie) and i7 4770

Yichao Yu yyc1992 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 11:09:25 PDT 2014

On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 12:52 PM, Nikita Orlov <nikitos1550 at yandex.ru> wrote:
> [...]
>   Max work items dimensions: 3
>     Max work items[0]: 512
>     Max work items[1]: 512
>     Max work items[2]: 512
>   Max work group size: 512
>   Preferred vector width char: 16
>   Preferred vector width short: 16
>   Preferred vector width int: 16
>   Preferred vector width long: 16
>   Preferred vector width float: 16
>   Preferred vector width double: 0
>   Native vector width char: 16
>   Native vector width short: 16
>   Native vector width int: 16
>   Native vector width long: 16
>   Native vector width float: 16
>   Native vector width double: 16
>   Max clock frequency: 1000Mhz
>   Address bits: 32
>   Max memory allocation: 134217728
>   Image support: Yes
>   Max number of images read arguments: 128
>   Max number of images write arguments: 8
>   Max image 2D width: 8192
>   Max image 2D height: 8192
>   Max image 3D width: 8192
>   Max image 3D height: 8192
>   Max image 3D depth: 2048
>   Max samplers within kernel: 16
>   Max size of kernel argument: 1024
>   Alignment (bits) of base address: 1024
>   Minimum alignment (bytes) for any datatype: 128
>   Single precision floating point capability
>     Denorms: No
>     Quiet NaNs: Yes
>     Round to nearest even: Yes
>     Round to zero: No
>     Round to +ve and infinity: No
>     IEEE754-2008 fused multiply-add: No
>   Cache type: Read/Write
>   Cache line size: 128
>   Cache size: 8192
>   Global memory size: 134217728
>   Constant buffer size: 524288
>   Max number of constant args: 8
>   Local memory type: Global
>   Local memory size: 65536
>   Error correction support: 0
>   Unified memory for Host and Device: 0
>   Profiling timer resolution: 80
>   Device endianess: Little
>   Available: Yes
>   Compiler available: Yes
>   Execution capabilities:
>     Execute OpenCL kernels: Yes
>     Execute native function: Yes
>   Queue properties:
>     Out-of-Order: No
>     Profiling : Yes
>   Platform ID: 0x7f1390957a40
>   Name: Intel(R) HD Graphics Haswell M
>   Vendor: Intel
>   Device OpenCL C version: OpenCL C 1.1 beignet 0.8.0
>   Driver version: 0.8.0
>   Profile: FULL_PROFILE
>   Version: OpenCL 1.1 beignet 0.8.0
>   Extensions: cl_khr_global_int32_base_atomics cl_khr_global_int32_extended_atomics cl_khr_local_int32_base_atomics cl_khr_local_int32_extended_atomics cl_khr_byte_addressable_store cl_khr_icd
> ccc
>
> I am trying run opencv_test_ocl and utest (from beignet src, I can succesfully build ut by myself). Everything fails.
> It is difficult to paste here log, because system freeze and I can just reset computer.

It seems that you have a Haswell CPU and I think you are having the
same problem with me (You can find a thread on the mailing list a few
weeks ago about it). The support for Haswell CPU is not finished yet
and it will very likely hang the GPU.

P.S. I don't think the system is frozen. It might appear that way
because the display is not updating. However, if you wait long enough
and/or try to kill the running process with Ctrl-C, you can still get
you system back.