[Beignet] Combine Loads from __constant space

Tony Moore tonywmnix at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 13:11:26 PST 2014

Hello,
I notice that reads are not being combined when I use __constant on a
read-only kernel buffer. Is this something that can be improved?

In my kernel there are many loads from a read-only data structure. When I
use the __global specifier for the memory space I see a total of 33 send
instructions and a runtime of 81ms. When I use the __constant specifier, I
see 43 send instructions and a runtime of 40ms. I'm hoping that combining
the loads could improve performance further.

thanks!
tony