[Beignet] double precision support

Malcolm Roberts malcolm.i.w.roberts at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 06:51:21 PST 2015

Hello.

I just installed the latest version of beignet from git
(74390cabe5d2958fec5806a5099bad44c74798f5) and I notice that cl_khr_fp64
is not available.  I am a bit late for the conversation in July
(http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/beignet/2014-July/003599.html)
but I thought that I would add my voice.

I have a project to do scientific computation using the OpenCL platform,
and double precision is vital for my work.  I understand that the
beignet teams has limited resources and that one must prioritize, but I
feel that double-precision would be a great addition.

Best,

~Malcolm Roberts
http://malcolmiwroberts.com/