[cairo] cairo-ft-font.c naming cleanup

Carl Worth cworth at redhat.com
Thu Aug 4 13:21:23 PDT 2005

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 16:30:10 -0400, Owen Taylor wrote:
> Inheritance of structures isn't something we expose in the public API.
> While this is private API, my tendency is to design private APIs along
> similar principles to public APIs.

I think I'd follow that tendency in general. Except that I really do
like type-safe interfaces, (and it pains me to export non-type-safe
interfaces like those you mentioned above). So I'd rather deviate from
that to make the internal code easier to maintain.

> The other renames? Well, it's your code base, you get to pick the
> conventions.

OK.

> Would I happier if renames were done when I didn't have a bunch of
> outstanding changes? Of course. But resolving conflicts probably won't
> take more than 15 minutes for me if you think committing now is going to
> make the cache changes easier.

I was slow to finish the cache changes, so the painful conflict
resolution is all mine now...

I've committed the updated version of this patch now. I don't think
anyone has active changes that this will collide with. And if they do,
it's my turn to win on this one. So there.