[cairo] Crashes with Cairo -- compatibility problems

Federico Kereki f_kereki at cs.com.uy
Tue Aug 9 20:33:36 PDT 2005

I just updated (via apt-get) Cairo at my SuSE 9.3 system, and now I'm
having many crashes, with previously installed applications. (The
package I got is cairo-0.6.0-7.i586.rpm.)

For example, Synaptic doesn't run, and produces:

*(synaptic:11924): Gdk-WARNING **: Using Cairo rendering requires the
drawable argument to
have a specified colormap. All windows have a colormap,
however, pixmaps only have colormap by default if they
were created with a non-NULL window argument. Otherwise
a colormap must be set on them with gdk_drawable_set_colormap
Segmentation fault*

VMWare also doesn't run (it fails trying to use the fullscreen option)
producing the previous message, and also

*(vmware:12216): Gtk-WARNING **: gtkobject.c:310: Property type `(null)'
is not supported by the GtkArg compatibility code
*
As a further example, Azureus also fails, producing a long log, which
includes the message above ("Using Cairo rendering..."). I haven't

I don't know what was changed, but I'm afraid there is a serious
back-compatibility problem here... Is there a fix?