[cairo] clipping bug

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Wed Aug 31 09:08:40 PDT 2005

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 15:22:01 +0200, Radek Doulík wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-08-24 at 02:45 -0700, Carl Worth wrote:
> >
> > Thanks for the test case. That really makes bug reports much more
> > useful. To include this in cairo/test, could you send it again with
> > Copyright and licensing information?
>
> Okie, I am attaching new patch.

Thanks again. I've now committed the test case, (but not the bug fix,
see below).

> I prepared a fix which stops compositing even earlier. That way it will
> not hide other bugs, where compositing with zero width or height. It is
> included in the new patch.

There's a style change I'd like to see for this bug fix. What I would
like to see is:

	if (nothing_to_do)
	    return; /* or GOTO perhaps */

rather than:

	if (! nothing_to_do) {
	    /* Big existing block now indented more. */
	}

I've got some notes on this general style point in cairo/CODING_STYLE.

As for the correctness of the fix, I'm not yet educated enough in how
cairo_clip_t works to be able to say. If the author of the
cairo_clip_t code would be willing to document its interfaces a bit,
that would be a great help.