[cairo] API Shapeup, setters and getters consistency, get vs current

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Tue Feb 15 15:16:40 PST 2005

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 17:38:03 -0500, Keith Packard wrote:
> Does that eliminate the distinction between accessors for values which are
> in the gstate and values which are not?

Yes, it would.

>                                         I like that particular
> distinction as it re-enforces what the gstate consists of right in the API
> itself.

The user does need to learn what gets saved/restored and what does
not. I think the right place to learn that is directly in the
documentation of cairo_save, and not indirectly through extra typing.

Having both "get" and "current" would require also explaining why in
the documentation, and I think this just makes things harder, not
easier, to understand.