[cairo] Cairo status update (new PostScript stuff and more)

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at cs.toronto.edu
Thu Apr 6 16:33:14 PDT 2006

On Thu, 6 Apr 2006, Keith Packard wrote:

> On Thu, 2006-04-06 at 15:36 -0700, Carl Worth wrote:
>
> > There are two things I will be doing as soon as possible to make it
> > easier for people to test things. First, I'll be setting up a git2cvs
> > bridge. This will allow people to use things like jhbuild (which talks
> > CVS but doesn't talk git) to be able to build/test cairo. Second, I'll
> > be posting regular snapshots throughout the remainder of the 1.2
> > development cycle.
>
> I'd like to suggest that instead of CVS kludges, we provide regular
> tarball snapshots of the appropriate branches. This is well supported by
> jhbuild, reduces the load on the fd.o servers and eliminates the scary
> git2cvs program entirely. With the built-in tar support that git
> provides, this is quite efficient, and could even be done after every
> upload if that's what you want.

It's not quite well supported by jhbuild.  For jhbuild to be able
to do any sanity checks on the tarball without hardcoding
checksum and size in the moduleset (which is the current
approach), it needs to understand say sha1 and gpg too, and then
we can create a PGP key for the nightly build system that signs
the sha1sum of the tarball too, so jhbuild can verify it.  These
are minor issues though...

--behdad
http://behdad.org/

	-- Dan Bern, "New American Language"