[cairo] User font feature

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at cs.toronto.edu
Sun Apr 9 23:09:42 PDT 2006

On Mon, 10 Apr 2006, Kristian Høgsberg wrote:

> No, the keys are pointers not integers.  The idea is that you use the
> address of a static cairo_user_data_key_t object which will always be
> unique.  And I'm not sure I see the problem in doing:

Ok I see now.  My fault.

>   face = cairo_user_font_face_create(...);
>   cairo_font_face_set_user_data (face, &pdf_type3_font_key,
> pdf_type3_object,, pdf_type3_object_destroy);
>
> We shouldn't need to call any user provided callbacks from
> cairo_user_font_face_create(), so I don't see the problem in setting
> the user data after creation.

I still see.  You need to set the same key that your callbacks
get.  I still like my separation of a font class, face, and
scaled font.  They can use the user_data mechanism internally, if
that doesn't affect performance.

--behdad
http://behdad.org/

	-- Dan Bern, "New American Language"