[cairo] mouse flickering

Daniel Amelang daniel.amelang at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 12:29:20 PST 2006

On 12/8/06, Ignas B. <ignohp at gmail.com> wrote:
> Heya,
>
> i have been developing some animation applications with cairo. The problem
> which i cant find a solution to is how
> to prevent the mouse cursor from flickering. Even if i disable the default
> GDK double buffering and introduce my own
> off screen drawing, i get the mouse flickering. The platform i am testing
> this is ubuntu. I was exploring the internet and
> tried many things but still could not have found the solution. Do you have
> any ideas?

Not really, but mouse flickering probably isn't anything directly
related to cairo. Although someone on this list might have the
experience/knowledge to help you hunt down the problem, you'll
probably find better help on a gtk or X list.

That said, here's ignorant garbage from me :) Mouse flickering is
sometimes a sign that X is using the software mouse cursor, so find
out why your system is doing that.

Dan